Book Title: Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More SecureKids
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Release Date: 2009-08-25
Author: Kim John (M.Ed) Payne
- Straight A's Never Made Anybody Rich
- The Danish Way of Parenting: What the Happiest People in the World Know About Raising Confident, Capable Kids
- Dharma Parenting: Understand Your Child's Brilliant Brain for Greater Happiness, Health, Success,and Fulfillment
- Backbone: How To Build The Character Your Child Needs To Succeed
- Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child, Revised and Expanded 2nd Edition: Eliminating Conflict by Establishing CLEAR, Firm, and Respectful Boundaries
- How We Learn: The Surprising Truth About When, Where, and Why It Happens
- How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character
- The Highly Sensitive Child: Helping Our Children Thrive When the World Overwhelms Them
- Clutterfree with Kids: Change your thinking. Discover new habits. Free your home.
- The Test: Why Our Schools are Obsessed with Standardized Testing–But You Don't Have to Be
Today’s busier, faster society is waging an undeclared war on childhood. With too much stuff, too many choices, and too little time, children can become anxious, have trouble with friends and school, or even be diagnosed with behavioral problems. Now internationally renowned family consultant Kim John Payne helps parents reclaim for their children the space and freedom that all
kids need for their attention to deepen and their individuality to flourish. Simplicity Parenting
offers inspiration, ideas, and a blueprint for change:
• Streamline your home environment. Reduce the amount of toys, books, and clutter—as well as the lights, sounds, and general sensory overload.
• Establish rhythms and rituals. Discover ways to ease daily tensions, create battle-free mealtimes and bedtimes, and tell if your child is overwhelmed.
• Schedule a break in the schedule. Establish intervals of calm and connection in your child’s daily torrent of constant doing.
• Scale back on media and parental involvement.
Manage your children’s “screen time” to limit the endless deluge of information and stimulation.
A manifesto for protecting the grace of childhood, Simplicity Parenting
is an eloquent guide to bringing new rhythms to bear on the lifelong art of raising children.