Book Title: FTCE PreKindergarten/Primary PK-3 Secrets Study Guide: FTCE Test Review for the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations
Publisher: Mometrix Media LLC
Author: FTCE Exam Secrets Test Prep Team
Get the test prep help you need to get the results you deserve. The FTCE PK-3 Exam is extremely challenging and thorough test preparation is essential for success. FTCE PreKindergarten/Primary PK-3 Study Guide is the ideal prep solution for anyone who wants to attain their FTCE exam passing score. Not only does it provide a comprehensive guide to the FTCE PreKindergarten/Primary PK-3 Exam as a whole, it also provides practice test questions as well as detailed explanations of each answer.
FTCE PreKindergarten/Primary PK-3 Study Guide includes:
- A thorough review for the Florida Teacher Certification Exam for Prekindergarten/Primary
- A breakdown of child growth and development
- A guide to foundations of early childhood education
- An analysis of research, standards, and trends
It's filled with the critical information you'll need in order to do well on the test: the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) and National Evaluation Systems (NES) expects you to have mastered before sitting for the exam.
The Child Growth and Development section includes:
- Sensorimotor period of cognitive development
- Oral language development
The Foundations of Early Childhood Education section includes:
- Psychoanalytic theory
- Alternate developmental theories
The Research, Standards, and Trends section includes:
- Professionalism and professional responsibility
- Confidentiality of records
The Curricula and Effective Practices section includes:
- Whole language approach to teaching child literacy
- Directed reading activity
The Children and Families section includes:
- Genetic and environmental influences
- Effects of racial, ethnic, and economic disparities
The Diverse Needs of All Children section includes:
- Characteristics of infants and young children with mental retardation
- Visual, Hearing, and speech impairments
The Diagnosis, Assessment, and Evaluation section includes:
- Formal and Informal assessment instruments
- Screening for developmental disorders
The Literacy Instruction section includes:
- Phonetics and the speech system
- Reading fluency
The Mathematics section includes:
- Problem solving skills
- Spatial sense and geometry
The Science section includes:
- Fundamental science concepts
- Solar system's location and components
The Social Studies section includes:
- Levels of self-awareness
These sections are full of specific and detailed information that will be key to passing the FTCE exam. Concepts and principles aren't simply named or described in passing, but are explained in detail. The guide is laid out in a logical and organized fashion so that one section naturally flows from the one preceding it. Because it's written with an eye for both technical accuracy and accessibility, you will not have to worry about getting lost in dense academic language.
- FTCE PreKindergarten/Primary PK-3 test prep book that provides a comprehensive review for the FTCE PK-3 test.
- FTCE PK-3 study guide is the only product on the market to feature embedded video codes for Mometrix Academy, our new video tutorial portal.
- FTCE PK-3 practice test questions and much more...